Skilled worker visa guidance
To comply with Home Office regulations, NES must report regularly with regard to its Skilled Worker Visa Trainees. As its possible your practice may host a Skilled Worker Visa Trainee, HR expect you to assist in providing timely information regarding these Trainees.
When hosting a Skilled Worker Visa Trainee the following must be reported to the Home Office by NES HR within 10 consecutive working days. It is therefore important that your Trainee/s report any sickness absence to the Practice immediately so that the sickness period does not register as unauthorized.
If any of the following situations arise then please notify NES GP Training HR immediately:
- If a sponsored migrant does not turn up for first day of work and must give any reason given by migrant for non attendance (eg missed flight)
- If a migrant sponsored under Skilled Worker Visa is absent from work for more than 10 consecutive working days without the practices permission. This would include unreported and therefore unauthorized sickness absence.
- If the location the migrant is employed at changes, or if the duration of their contract of/for employment is shortened
- If any information which suggests that a sponsored migrant is breaching the conditions of his/her leave
- If any information you have suggests that the migrant may be engaging in terrorism or other criminal activity. Any suspicious behaviour should be reported to NES.
These returns should be uploaded to https://nesdigital.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/30 as a matter of urgency.