Under the new arrangements, placement boards will manage sickness absence for any GPSTs or National Programme trainees in hospital placements.
We would ask that the following process is followed:
- Trainee notified manager in placement board of absence
- Placement board record absence through SSTS (emails absence spreadsheet to firstname.lastname@example.org if not using SSTS)
- Placement board monitors absence and provides support to line manager
- Short term absence fails to improve – placement board flags to NES HR (email@example.com) and NES Deanery.
- Case raised and discussed at performance support group
- Placement board manages absence up to stage 2, at which point NES HR involved for dismissal/appeal
- If trainee remains off sick prior to a rotation, placement board should notify to the next placement board 1 month before the rotation.