Where can I find information on help with childcare costs?

**Please note this information is only for those Trainees who are currently members of Edenred Child Care Voucher scheme. It is not possible to join the scheme**

Tax-Free Childcare is a new government scheme to help working parents with the cost of childcare. Parents of the youngest children can now open an online account, which they can use to pay for childcare from a registered provider. For every £8 a parent pays in, the government will pay in an extra £2. Parents can receive up to £2,000 per child, per year, towards their childcare costs, or £4,000 for disabled children. The scheme will be available for children under the age of 12, or under 17 for children with disabilities. To qualify, parents will have to be in work, and each expecting to earn at least £120 a week. Each parent must not have income over £100,000 per year.

Information on the scheme including details on how to apply can be found on the government website: https://www.gov.uk/help-with-childcare-costs/tax-free-childcare