Why has my tax code changed?

Your tax code is personal to you and can change for many reasons depending on personal circumstances. When your tax code changes you should be sent a notification from HMRC and you need to contact them to discuss any changes in your tax code as NES will operate the code submitted to them by HMRC.

Changes to codes are submitted to NES payroll provider NSS and are loaded automatically into the payroll system from an electronic file received from HMRC.

NES CANNOT act upon the employee’s notification.