Who in NES manages what types of complaint?

There are some things you may wish to complain about which will not be handled through this complaints procedure, these include:

  • Complaints from one NHS body to another.
  • Complaints about a contract or arrangment for services.
  • Complaints from employees relating to their employment contract.
  • Complaints which have already gone to the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman for investigation.
  • Complaints about requests for information under the Freedom of Information Act.
  • Complaints which are the subject of legal action.
  • Complaints which are the subject of disciplinary action.
  • Complaints which have already been investigated under an NHS complaints procedure.

See Complaints Guidance for Directorates

If in doubt, please send any queries/complaints to: complaints@nes.scot.nhs.uk