NHS Scotland Flu vaccine programme
26 November 2020
Please note there are new times and venues for Monday 14 December:
- Meridian Court 9 am – 12.30 pm
- Gyle Square 1 pm – 5 pm
The flu vaccine provides the best available protection against flu. It is not 100% effective, but it will protect a significant number of people and reduce the severity of flu if you get it. It could also help your relatives or carers because you will not be passing the disease to them.
More information on the vaccine is available via NHS Inform.
Demand for the flu vaccine has been much higher than usual with flu clinics seeing good take-up by staff. NSS have confirmed they anticipate more flu clinics to be available from 30th November 2020, with appointments being available to book from 25th November 2020.
Booking an Appointment
To make an appointment you first need to register with ‘MyCohort’:
- complete and submit the Self-Registration Form
- follow the information in your return email.
If you have already completed the self-registration process:
- watch the following short video that explains how to Manage your appointment
- enter and book your nearest location appointment through ‘MyCohort’
The “pending” status that staff see in My Cohort’s My Appointment will change to “Completed” once the vaccine has been administered, so staff can be reassured that they are booked for the appointment despite it “pending”.
The video also shows how you can access ‘MyCohort’ via your mobile phone to manage your appointment.
Attending your Flu appointment
On the day of your appointment please:
- if you are feeling unwell please cancel your appointment by contacting Occupational Health on 0131 275 6360
- take your NHS ID badge with you
- arrive as near to your appointment time as possible
- wear your face covering at all times in the building
- sanitise your hands at the building entrance
- report to reception who will ask some clearance health questions
- once cleared go straight to the waiting area
- when you are cleared to leave by the vaccinator leave the building quickly using the one-way system
Staff are not permitted to enter office areas or other sections of the building unless agreed in advance with their Line Manager and NSS Facilities.
Please note, if you have secured the vaccine through an external provider such as through your GP or NHS Flu Clinic , please could you notify us via the External Flu Vaccination Form.
If you have any queries on the above or in relation to your appointment, please contact the NSS Occupational Health team directly via firstname.lastname@example.org