Can I apply for reimbursement of Medical Defence Union costs through NES?

The NES Medical Director is the Responsible Officer for all specialty trainees. Your revalidation date will normally be the date that you have your final Annual Review of Competence Progression (ARCP) Panel. Prior to each ARCP Panel you will be asked to complete an Enhanced Form R. This form will ask you to provide various details including any complaints or significant events you have been involved in and whether they have been reAs a doctor working for NES and engaged to provided clinical care in a placement Board or General Practice your indemnity will be provided by CNORIS (Clinical Negligence and Other Risks Indemnity. Scheme). You are covered by NHS indemnity for clinical negligence claims arising from your work as a GPST. However, there are situations where this does not apply, so you must ensure that you have additional protection. NHS indemnity will only cover the financial consequences of a claim for clinical negligence whilst you are working as a GPST. It will not protect you from some of the other professional issues you may face. For example, NHS indemnity does not provide advice and representation for regulatory council (GMC) inquiries arising from health, performance and professional conduct assistance through employers' disciplinary proceedings legal representation for police investigation of potential criminal charges arising from your clinical practice. You must maintain membership of a recognised medical defence organisation or insurer for these purposes.

 If you require advice about applying for additional cover, you may wish to contact BMA in the first instance.solved or are still ongoing. The information contained in the Enhanced Form R will be considered by the ARCP Panel and if necessary further information may be sought from you. Further information about revalidation is available on the GMC website.