Where do I report an Accident /Incident?

As a GP Trainee and NES employee you are required to report all accidents and relevant incidents involving you as follows:

  1. GP PRACTICE - Entry to be made in the PRACTICE accident book(s) as per the PRACTICE procedures.
  2. A report is to be made on the NES Accident Management System (AMS) using this link.

(Once you register you will receive a username and password to allow you to submit the accident on the workrite log-in page).

This report of the accident/incident and its investigation should be made within 72 hours.

All work related accidents and illnesses should be reported (including road traffic accident).

This includes:

Incidents with injury, dangerous occurences, near misses, reportable diseases, work related incidents and work related illness.

The report should be sent to the NES Health, Safety and Environment Advisor. (This is actioned when an accident/incident is "confirmed" on the AMS).

The circular below advises of the extension of Injury Allowance Provisions to GP Specialty Registrars (GPSTR's) in Scotland.

PCS Circular - Injury Benefits Allowance Provisions for GPStRs

Incidents such as acts of aggression and violence should also be reported.

Any significant accident/incident should be reported immediately by telephone to the NES Health, Safety and Environment Advisor on 0786 737 3561. The GP trainee should not contact the HSE directly to report and accident/incident.