Expenses Claim Form - Trainees in Practice Placements
Manual Claim Completion Guide
Set-up forms and backups required:
CMV2 form - Trainees in Practice Placements
- Once the requirement for the GPST to use their vehicle for business purposes has been identified the Authoriser must ensure that the GPST completes the CMV2 form.
- The CMV2 form should be signed by the Authoriser once they have seen the GPSTs valid Driving licence, Valid MOT certificate (only applicable if the vehicle is over 3 years old) and a completed NES Management of Occupation Road Risk Self Assessment.
- The CMV2 form should then be submitted to NHS Education for Scotland (NES) Finance Service Desk with a copy of the motor insurance certificate
Car Insurance (including business usage)
NES cannot reimburse any claim when the CMV 2 form or Motor Insurance Certificate has not been received
The insurance certificate must reflect that the GPST is covered to use the vehicle for business purposes and from a date prior to the first date claimed
Any claims submitted to NES for dates that are not covered by the Insurance Certificate held will not be processed
Business Mileage Claims
- The GPST should submit claims on a monthly basis
- The claim should be completed electronically prior to printing off for authorisation
- Home to base mileage is capped at 20 miles total per day, 10 miles each way
- NES can only reimburse Home to Base Mileage on the days that the GPST has used their vehicle for business purposes
- Any claims that are submitted without Claimant's signature or Authorisers signature will be returned. This could lead to a delay in payment of the claim.
To contact the NES payroll team please follow the link to our Finance Service Desk: https://nesdigital.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals.
Please note that the first time you submit a query through this helpdesk you will need to self-register with JIRA using your NHS email address (personal email accounts should NOT be used).