How will grievances be dealt with during my employment?

If you have a grievance in connection with your employment, you should normally notify your supervisor who will take such steps as necessary and who will follow the employing Board’s grievance procedure (as amended from time to time). The nature of the grievance will have a bearing on who leads the grievance. When the grievance pertains to pay or terms and conditions, the placement Board will lead the grievance process. When a grievance relates to a local issue, the placement Board/ practice may lead the grievance process, feeding back information and outcomes to the employing Board.

Disputes relating to education and training will still be referred to the Director of Postgraduate General Practice Education and Director of Medical Education from the employing board as appropriate.

Banding appeals will be led by the placement Board.