If you are worried that something wrong or dangerous is happening at work, please don’t keep it to yourself. Unless you tell us about any concerns you may have about patient or staff safety risks, or other wrongdoing, the chances are we won’t find out until it’s too late.
See the Whistleblowing quick reference guide.
Please see here for the National Whistleblowing Standards.
As some of you may be nervous about raising such matters, here are some tips:
- Raise it when it’s a concern – we won’t ask you to prove it;
- Keep it in perspective – there may be an innocent explanation;
- It will help us if you can say how you think things can be put right;
- Stay calm – you’re doing the right thing; and
- If for whatever reason you are worried about raising it with your manager, please follow the escalation guidance